Economic Development Contacts
Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC): Serving all 10 Counties in the Northwest Region
The Michigan Economic Development Corporation, in collaboration with more than 100 economic development partners, markets Michigan as the place to do business, assists businesses in their growth strategies, and fosters the growth of vibrant communities across the state.
- Daniel Leonard - Senior Community Development CAT/RST Team Specialist - (989) 387 - 4467
- Jessie Mitchell - Business Development Manager, Northwest Region - (231) 942 - 8287
Alliance for Economic Success (AES) is an economic development organization servicing rural northern Michigan communities. We define economic development as improving the economic well-being and quality of life of businesses, employees, and citizens within the community.
- Lisa Leedy - Executive Director - (231) 723 - 4325
The Northern Lakes Economic Alliance (NLEA), established in 1984, is a public/private non-profit organization serving Antrim, Charlevoix, and Cheboygan Counties in Northern Michigan. The NLEA works directly with local units of government on infrastructure projects, facilitates local company growth and expansion, and assists many local companies on a wide range of issues that help retain existing jobs and create new jobs.
- David Emmel - President - (231) 582 - 6482
Traverse Connect is the lead economic development organization for the Grand Traverse region, which supports area businesses through a combination of business attraction and retention strategies, talent development efforts, and strategic coordination among partner agencies. Traverse Connect now serves the region as one organization supporting business growth and development, alongside partner organization Venture North Funding and Development.
- Warren Call, President | CEO—(231) 995-7108
- Antrim County — NLEA
- Village of Elk Rapids: Kyle Storey - Planning & Zoning Administrator - (231) 264 - 9274
- Village of Elk Rapids: William Cooper - Village Manager
- Elk Rapids Downtown Development Authority (DDA): James Janisse - Council President
- Village of Mancelona: Mike Allison - Planning & Zoning Administrator - (231) 587 - 8331
- Benzie County — Traverse Connect
- Benzonia Township: Jason Barnard - Township Supervisor - (231) 882 - 4411 ext. 15
- Village of Beulah: Dan Hook - Village Council - (248) 496 - 5003
- Benzie County Chamber of Commerce: Rick Coates - Executive Director - (231) 882 - 5801
- City of Frankfort: Joshua Mills - Superintendent - (231) 352 - 7117
- Charlevoix County — NLEA
- City of Charlevoix: Jonathan Scheel - Planning & Zoning
- Charlevoix City Downtown Development Authority (DDA): Lindsey Dotson - Mainstreet DDA Director
- The City of East Jordan: Tom Cannon - City Administrator - (231) 536 - 3381
- The City of East Jordan: Zoning & Planning Department - (231) 536 - 3381
- Boyne City: Scott McPherson - Planning Director - (231) 582 - 0343
- Grand Traverse County — Traverse Connect
- Kalkaska County — Traverse Connect
- Leelanau County — Traverse Connect
- Manistee County - Manistee Area Chamber of Commerce
- Missaukee County — AES
- Wexford County — AES
Regional Ecosystem Support Map
Incentives & Grants
Redevelopment Ready Communities
Redevelopment Ready Communities is a program that was created to attract and retain businesses, offer superior customer sercvice and have a streamlined development approval process making pertinent information available around-the-clock for anyone to view. Below are the approved Redevelopment Ready Communities in Northern Michigan as well as those who are going through the approval process.
Click the link HERE to find out more about the Redevelopment Ready process.
- Boyne City
- Traverse City
Evaluating Redevelopment Ready Communities:
- Beulah & Benzonia
- East Jordan
- Elk Rapids
- Lake City